How to Prepare
A program of study is currently being created for all Year 10 students in the event of an extended break from regular timetabled lessons. Please check this page regularly, along with student email accounts
Study materials for all year groups area available via the ‘home study’ tile on Magellan. Year 11 students can access a personalised timetable from their home directory.
- Calm, quiet and at an appropriate temperature.
- Well-lit, preferably from natural light.
- Work in a space that you only use for work and nothing else.
- At the end of each session, file away your notes and clutter so that your work-area is clear for the next session.
- Drink water and get fresh air.
- Eat ‘brain food’ – avoid sugar and have lots of healthy snacks around to eat little and often.
- Do frequent short exercises – stretches, neck and shoulder rolls, walking around etc. but not too close to bed time.
- Do not work all night.
- You need around 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep per night to feel fresh enough to concentrate.
- Leave time for your brain to relax at the end of every day to encourage deeper sleep.
- Do something relaxing between revising and bedtime.
- Drink milk before bed (has a naturally calming effect.)
- Set your alarm clock so you are not rushing around the next morning for school or the exam.
- STOP and take a break if you start feeling frustrated, angry or overwhelmed. Make a note of the problem to take to your next lesson and move on to something else.
- Take a day off and do something completely different.