Children are expected to wear school uniform as we believe that this helps to improve both standards of work and behaviour and encourages students to be proud of their school and themselves.
Our uniform helps students to feel a sense of pride and belonging to our school from the very beginning and the image created by students coming to and from school is extremely important to us.
It is essential that all students attend school in full uniform with a school bag and suitable equipment. We undertake regular uniform and equipment checks throughout the school year to ensure that our students are fully equipped and prepared to learn.
Our school uniform is available for purchase from specialist suppliers Ross’s in Middlesbrough and Rawcliffe’s in Stockton.
- Bright red (not burgundy) Year 7-10 Navy Blue – Year 11 long sleeved v-necked sweater with school logo (Only v-necked sweaters from school supplier with school logo are acceptable – no cardigans)
- Acklam Grange School Black Blazer
- Plain black ‘formal style’ trousers (No jeans, jeans style, cords, cargo type, flared, jeggings, tight fitted, baggy or zips) Plain black knee length skirt – If a skirt is worn, legs should be covered with plain black tights of at least 40 denier
- White collared shirt or blouse
- School tie
- Plain black (Polishable) leather shoes, low heeled (no trainers, plimsolls, no markings )
- Plain black socks, plain black tights or plain natural tights
- Apron for Technology
- Sikh boys can wear plain black turbans or head scarves
- Sikh boys can wear their kara (wrist bracelets) these must be hidden from view and must be covered during PE for health and safety reasons.
- Muslim or Sikh girls can wear plain black shoulder length head scarves
- School Bag at least A4 size
Uniform – Shoes allowed
- Plain black leather shoes
- Black laces
- Flat shoes
- Smart and formal
Uniform – Shoes not allowed
- Shoes with bright logos
- Boots* (eg. Rockport/Timberlands)
- High heels
*Kicker boots are only allowed if student is wearing trousers long and wide enough to cover the top of the boot. Students will not be allowed Kicker boots, if the top of the boot is visible.
Uniform – not allowed
- Nail varnish/false nails
- Make up
- Non-natural hair colour
- False eyelashes
Uniform Swap Shop
Our ‘Uniform Swap Shop’ will be open every consultation evening, accessible from main site and the Acorn Centre. Parents and carers can attend even if it is not their child’s year group consultation evening.
Uniform will be available for donations or requests at the Reflect window.
Where we have uniform available, we will provide free of charge, but a ‘bucket’ will be there should anyone wish to make a donation to our school charity, the Meserani Project.
If we do not have uniform available in the requested size, we will be happy to record and notify you should an appropriate donation be received in the future.