Tips for parents
Home learning hints and tips for parents, during school closure.
We understand that many of our parents are adapting to becoming Headteacher of their own ‘Home School’ – just another annex of the AGS Family.
For advice, please watch the set of specially made videos above, or access the guidance of parenting and educational experts via the helpline, blog and video conferences shown below.
Open six days a week
0330 313 9162
HM Government’s Skills Toolkit
Free digital and numeracy resources to help parents build their skills.
Want to learn a new skill while at home?
Find free, high quality courses in HM Government’s Skills Toolkit.
You can also find the following list of episodes from our AGS Success Video Blog – Bringing the Science of Learning to you at home:
- Episode 1 – Retrieval practice
- Episode 2 – Getting revision strategies right
- Episode 3 – Spaced study practice
- Episode 4 – Chunking revision
- Episode 5 – Sleep
- Episode 6 – Habit stacking
- Episode 7 – The benefits of stress
- Episode 8 – Study space
- Episode 9 – Distractions
- Episode 10 – How to get better sleep
- Episode 11 – Mobile phone distractions
- Episode 12 – AGS Enhance
- Episode 13 – Self Quizzing